Friday, July 3, 2015

LIFE: Voyage of Discovery Plaque

Hello to all my creative friends.  
Can you believe it's the day before Independence Day?  Wow. 
Have a blessed and happy 4th of July!

When you think about life... do you think: 
"Life: A Voyage of Discovery"?
I didn't learn to think that way. 

Do you "encourages your hopes - not your fears"?

Nope! I have always lived with fear.
Looking back, I can see that Mama was a very fearful person and I just learned the same behavior.  We didn't dream or hope.  Except, of course, to "keep up with the Jones"!!  It was more like a matter of survival somehow for us.

  I love it when I am reading one of your blogs and it says... be careful what you dream... it might come true.  And then... I see that for some of you - the dreams do come true. 

I love reading how you take challenges and push your fears aside - stepping out of your comfort zones and succeed in making beautiful art.  You are all SUCH an inspiration to me in ways you can't even image.

I'll let you in on a little secret... thanks to you all...
I am actually holding a couple of secret dreams in my heart.
Both are dreams that have to do with our creative world. :)

Ok - enough of my ramblings... on to this little "Life: A Voyage of Discovery" project. 


It's a football field with a blimp flying overhead. Hopefully you figured that out but I had one person look at it yesterday that had no clue that was a blimp - eheheheh - so thought to clarify!




I took Linda Ledbetter's Compendium of Curiosity CC3C#31 challenge and learned another one of Tim Holtz wonderful techniques from Vol 3 of his books, page 47 called: 
Layering Stencils/Paint Resist.

This is the technique in progress. 



I didn't have a blimp stencil or stamp so I tried to draw one - lots of erasing along the way. We have gone by the Goodyear Blimp so many times outside of Houston Texas that I can easily see it in my memory but mine turned out a little puffier than the real thing!!! 




Then I did some more of Tim's Layering Stencils/Paint Resist technique on the little blimp too.




Time to start putting things together now!




And now you can see the sentiments...
Life: Voyage of Discovery
Encourage Your Hopes Not Your Fears. 

Sooooooo.... relating to our lives as artists...
I'm smiling... thinking YES - this is so true!
Jump in with both hands and get messy.
Believe and hope that you will succeed. 
Not with perfection... but just seeking satisfaction!
















Hubby, of course, made the free standing plaque for me out of cedar from the ranch!








You are all so sweet to read and comment.  I just love hearing from you.  Again... wishing you all a HAPPY JULY!!! Hugs. j. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Thanks bunches for the opportunity to enter this project in the following fun and amazing challenges: 
==================

Compendium of Curiosity, CC3C#31
It was fun taking the Compendium of Curiosity Challenge #31 but I promise you...mine looks nothing like the wonderful design team for Compendium of Curiosity 3.  You really should take a look - their creations are SPECTACULAR. 

And of course, as always there is a gift for the challenge too from Tim & Mario as well as the...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Anything But Cute Challenge #2


========================================

=====================================
==============================
=========================
=====================
===============
=========

10 comments:

Candy C said...

Joi...this is so cute! I love your idea of the football field and the blimp! I would have never thought of that, but then I'm not YOU with that clever creative mind of yours! :) Great technique on the stencil layering background! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Cute cute! LOVE that blimpy balloon! AND...your football field ROCKS!!! So very creative and just plain awesome! You are way to hard on yourself too! You make gorgeous work, and you are just the sweetest thing ever! So glad you joined the fun at CC3C!!!

Pawsitively Creative said...

So excited for you and your dreams. Thank you for sharing a part of your story with us as well. This football field and blimp are fantabulous! Dear Joi, your background technique is crazy wonderful. Awesome design and LO. So sweet of your DH to make that lovely stand. Wowzers!

Thanks for joining in our Make It Masculine challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugz! ~Niki DT

Marjie Kemper said...

That blimp is so creative.... I hope you do dream BIG and go for whatever your heart desires. Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C!

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Ah Joi, you're not sharing ramblings, you're sharing your heart. I love your art, I love your heart. You've done such a lovely job here. Thanks for taking this journey with us at CC3C!

sarascloset said...

Joi, I've said this before, and I'll say it again! It is always such a JOY to visit your blog, read what you have posted and see your creative work! What a fabulous post today, dear, and I love your artwork! You've done a great job with the Tim technique, and your blimp (yes, I knew it was a blimp right off!) and banner are just so sweet--just like you! I'm so happy you joined our Make It Masculine challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Valerie-Jael said...

Love, love this - beautifully made. May all your good dreams come true - if we don't have dreams, they can't become reality! Lovely plaque from your husband, too. Hugs, Valerie

Pamellia said...

Wow Joi, this is just wonderful!! I absolutely love your hand drawn blimp (I knew what it was by the way)! Great use of Tim's technique, your background turned out fabulous! Love the glitter paper, what a dash of flair it adds!!

Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Make It Masculine' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :) Just so you know for next time, we do require a link back to our blog in order to qualify for awards or prizes. Thanks hun, have a great day.

Samra said...

What a wonderful masculine project!!! Thank you for joining us at Anything But Cute Make it Masculine challenge!
Samra DT

Unknown said...

Such a fun card, Joi!! I grew up in Carson, CA, one of the homes of a Goodyear Blimp, so I saw it regularly before I flew the coop and moved away! :) Your scale here, isn't too far off in my eyes :) I like your plumper version :) So Fun and a Wonderful positive affirmation!! XOXO-Shari