Friday, March 11, 2016

BUNNY GIRL ART DOLL!

==============
================
=====================
========================
===========================
Howdy Sweet Friends!

This is my first ever Art Doll.

Wanna know a secret... I decided long ago that I never wanted to make one of these Art Dolls.  It was beyond me to even fathom being patient enough to figure out the wonders of Art Doll Art!!!! 

I also learned, along this artsy journey, that just as soon as you say you don't want to do something - you end up doing it!! Why??
Ya know... it's just one of those crazy comfort zone scenarios!!

So here is my Doll with her little friend at her feet.

Please allow me to say this though...then I'll feel better. 
I have seen some FABULOUS Art Doll makes. 
Art Dolls that have completely left me in awe.  
THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM :) 
But the artistic endeavor was a fun challenge.


Hubby brought me the metal pieces! As you know, I get barn left overs!  Plus he made the wooden base for me at Christmas to make a vintage jewelry Christmas tree - this one was extra!



The Corrugated Sheet of Black Cardboard is by Fancy Pants Designs.  I began by painting it with DecoArt Media Interference Paints in Turquoise, Blue and Violet. 



Love this big spring - or coil - it has no "spring" to it!!! It's hard as a rock. Doesn't it look like a body part to you - eheheheh??? Painting it to match the cardboard with Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Inks in Wild Plum, Stream, Purple Twilight and Sail Boat Blue. 

I used the same colors to paint the springs used for her arms.
Adding Salmon Ink for her hands!


Gonna stuff my tummy with some shimmering tensil!!  What do they call those things in our tummy - 'villi' - tiny fingers! 


And here is some of the lace type items that adorned Bunny Girl!! 


Originally I cut out a vintage face to use on the metal - spoon type piece. Hubby had no idea what it came off of - perhaps part of a clock?  But it was just too pretty to cover up with paper so I painted the face with DecoArt Media Acrylic paints.  I'm really happy that the shimmery gold of the metal piece still shows.

Yes - I know - she's a bit quirky looking and definitely must have a pea brain since her head is flat but hey... we are all wondrously and uniquely made!!!  

And I had this long strand of hair - better known as an "extension" from the granddaughters Christmas stocking stuffers!!  I looped some teal wire around it for a bit of a decor and added the little "mop" hat out of matching lace from her shawl. 


The body was put together with a dowel. And the little bunny is a Vintage Brooch that my Grammie used to wear! 











YES - that is supposed to be a vintage "bustle" behind her!!!  






You are so sweet to stop by and see my humble Bunny Girl. 
She was quite the adventure in art for me!!! 

Hugs. j. 





~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Happily entering the following challenges: 
------------------------

Lace, Metal, Cardboard 

===========================
========================
=====================
==================
============

19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your art doll is gorgeous, make no mistake about it! LOVE her. Hugs, Valerie

Pamellia said...

Wow wow wow!! I have never done an art doll either, not really a fan, but yours is freaking awesome Joi!! I just love the brilliant colours, they look almost iridescent, and the coil body...GENIUS!!! Love all the laces, it's such a great contrast against the cold metal bits. You really mastered this art, and for your first time to boot! You rock girl! have a great weekend. hugs :)

Candy C said...

Joi...you blow me away with your creativity. I'm just floored how you took a bunch of "stuff" and turned it into such a cool doll. The iridescent black cardboard is such a cool idea and then alcohol inking the metal coil....who thinks of that?!? YOU!! I love the delicate laces mixed with the more industrial feeling of the big metal coil and corrugated paper. You did a fab job on this!

Rea' said...

WOW ... this is just so cool ( royal vintage whimsy is what came to my mind) , love the colors ... OMG coil body (industrial strength )... I smiled through every section of this creation <3 !

CastleKelly Crafts said...

"Bunny Girl" is superb, love the tones and shimmers. Funnily I too am making an art doll, I was inspired by the PaperArtsy blog ---- you should enter Bunny Girl in their challenge. X

Susan said...

Joi - this doll is so amazing! Your creativity using all those "spare" parts is incredible! You are so clever! I love the doll and think you rocked the challenge! Thanks so much for being brave and trying one for the first time, and, most of all, for sharing it with us! Can't wait to see more of your work!

Maura said...

Well, I for one think your art doll is awesome! We are learning the play is as important, if not more, than e product. It looks like you had fun!

Carol Plume said...

What a great art doll... Love that Spring!

Redanne said...

I am at a loss for words Joi!! To create an art doll from the spring, the card and that gorgeous lace - amazing!! Hugs, Anne xx

Brenda Brown said...

Well I've loved seeing the process steps and the finished article, I've never made an art doll either but I can see some experimentation coming on after reading your fabulous post. Great inspiration Joi.
hugs Brenda xxx

Jackie PN said...

Look at you branching out into the art doll world Joi! Aren't they just fun to design and dress up? Just like a kid again! Love her colors and laces-yummy!
hugs,Jackie

Annette Green said...

Joi, you crack me up with your "This is not one of them" comment. This art doll is so fun and vibrant and interesting. I can't get over how you worked all those odd pieces together to create her. Fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Creative Carte Blanche!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

She is a delight and so is that bunny...oh those ears! Fun project, and love the alcohol ink usage!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun and creative project!

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Heavenly days, girl, this is awesome!! I love the eclectic mix of bits and pieces you've brought together to create your doll. My huz is always bringing me little found objects for my stash, too. How fun, I'm glad you went crazy and created this for your CCB!!

Yvonne said...

Oh my goodness!!! girly this is amazing! I love all the components you used...she is adorable! Thank you for joining in at CCB! You rocked it! Hugs.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Joi! This is amazing. What a cool, original approach to the CCB challenge, and what a DARLING work of art! Thanks for joining us and, you know, being AMAZING! xoxo

Nan G said...

What do you mean "she isn't one of them"?! She most certainly IS ONE OF THEM! She's WOW, amazing, gorgeous Cool!

sarascloset said...

Joi, I felt like a butterfly on your art room wall. Just us girls having fun with our junk! Your mind works like mine, my friend, and I'm a bit relieved I'm not the only one. Coolest art doll I've ever seen, and I've seen plenty! Love the way you made her dress and body out of a coil! Springs for arms! Just downright FUN! Hugs!