Friday, September 11, 2015

Art Journal, LIVE WITH ART

=========
==============
==================
========================
===================================

ART PROMPT:  Live with Art. It's Good For You! 

When I read this sentiment - I got tickled!!  Why?  

Hubby and I both do painting on canvas so we live with art in our home every day.  AND.... heheheheh - hubby has the middle name of Art.  So I literally do live with Art!!!  

When you see these journal pages... it's actually pretty representative of our life!!! ALTHOUGH - we try to stay clean and live in a very nice, clean home too!!  BUT... we both always sit in our recliners. We have 28 windows in our house that look out over the ranch.  We both have our own big easel. Our chocolate lab is always very near. We really do LIVE with Art and for Art!  So... we have turned into paint brushes!!! Dear me - how fun is that??!



(By the way - the yellow scallops on the right side of my art journal is from a postage stamp page done last summer!)

Here are a few picture of the process!

I cut out pieces for the floor and placed with DecoArt Decou-page
I used Faber-Castell Big Brush Pens to fill in between the slats.



The stamps are from Hero Arts using Teal Stazon




I had sooooo much fun splattering and splashing Distress Stain all over the pages!!! 





Then covered the pages with a wash of gesso to tone down a bit. 
Also added some stenciling with The Crafter's Workshop - Balzer Designs - Mini Circles. 



The banner - that forms the "valance" for the windows is a stamp from Little Yellow Bicycle.  The art prompt was placed on the banners and there is black rik-rak ribbon accenting the windows.  The words are from the same Hero Arts stamp set seen above, Ranger Idea-ology Label Letters and Small Talk Stickers.





Of course, somehow paint got on the "valance" too. Shame on us!!!




The flowers and butterflies in the windows are Ranger Idea-ology Botanicals Remnant Rubs. 





My Side of the Room!!

Oh and that is real canvas on the easels! I had some leftover pieces from a project so just cut them to fit!  The easels are cardboard painted with Ranger Distress Stain




Hubby's side of the room!




Together - in art, in love, in friendship - 43+years!!




You notices what side of the room Big Dog was on - didn't you.  Yes, she's in love with hubby. They are inseparable!

Hope you can tell that the dogs body is a tube of paint.




Sooooooooooooooo - this is a wild and crazy journal page for me. 
But it was fun and I tried to let my perfectionism go!!! 

Thanks bunches for stopping in! 
Hugs. j.


======================================

Happy to share this with the following challenges: 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


September: Through My Window



When working on art projects inside as pictured on these journal pages... I see the beauty of the ranch THROUGH MY WINDOW and it inspires me every day. 

=======================================
============================
======================
================
=========