Friday, April 1, 2016

Gypsy Fayre at Our Creative Corner - Misty the Gypsy Nag!




========
=============
================
====================
=======================

 Do you have a gypsy nature???

I bet you do?

At Our Creative Corner... we want see your gypsy nature... 
Let your creativity run wild and free like a gypsy!

CREATE any interesting item/items that you might see at a traditional Gypsy Fayre. 

USE THREE (3) colors from the feature pallet above
OR
show us how your project is inspired by this gorgeous Ode to the Gypsy Soul. 


I just can't wait to see what you create!! :)

Blessed are the gypsies. The makers of music, artists, writers, dreamers of dreams, wanderers and vagabonds, children and misfit: for they teach us to see the world through beautiful eyes.

Gypsies are wanderers, purveyors of exquisite things, mysterious things, free-spirited Bohemians curating the beauty of life and sharing the wonder with you as they travel along. 

Tando Creative is the sponsor for this months challenge. 


------------------------------------------

And now... for the gypsy nature in me..... 
Misty the Gypsy Nag!!! 

Yes, we do have a horse named Misty here at the ranch.  She is our oldest horse and trust me.... she is a NAG!!!!!!!!!!  



I by looking on the internet for a wagon I liked and then began drawing on a 16x20 canvas. I used DecoArt Media Paints.



Heheheheh - just couldn't resist playing with the eyes!!!!!! Are you laughing. Yes - I was doubtful at this as to my success!!!! 


And bad went to worse as time went by but I just remind myself... first coat, first coat, first coat!!!




I did the original yellow background with DecoArt Media Yellow Shimmer Mister.

The stencil is from The Crafter's Workshop - Balzer Designs - Mini Hex Flowers. They just reminded me of Gypsy Fayre!!





So now it's time to start on the horse's colorful mane!



I really used every color on the Our Creative Corner Mood Board.... even though you only need to use three!! 
I just HAD to make it bright!! 

Here are a couple of the colors and my wonderful wonderful fav brush for painting "hair" of any kind. 



Here is a close-up of the colors in the mane!!


After looking and looking at the picture... 
I decided I didn't like my wagon so it got an overhaul!!! 
Out came the gesso and more yellow Shimmer Mister.


Ahhhhhhh.....much better.... at least to me!!! 

Now need to add decor to the front (see picture below) for more Gyspy Fayre!



I also went back and redid some of my stenciling... 
Gypsy Fayre flowers... just have to have them! 


Same stencil but instead of paint, this time I used markers.


And here are some close-ups of the finished painting. 










As always, thanks bunches for stopping by for a visit. 
My reply button still does not work but please know...I am so grateful for your comments and read each one!

REMEMBER...
I will be watching for your entry to...
OUR CREATIVE CORNER Gypsy Fayre. 

And... I will leave you a comment when you enter :)
Hugs, joi 


=======================
===================
================
============
=========