Sunday, January 11, 2015

Brrrr  Blues... it's cold outside...

even here at the ranch in lower Texas.  No snow though!!! Yeah!

This is a 2.5" by 4.75" tag. For some reason, I enjoy making tags.  

As always, I used some nature from the ranch!  



I put gesso on the tag first - it used to be bright pink!!!  The added ink sprays to achieve the brilliant blue color.  Before it was completely dry - I stenciled on the leaves with modeling paste so it soaked up just enough of the blue color to make a pretty silhouette.

I also sprayed the crochet leaves with an ink and added some moss around the log.  A little white embossing powder helped to add the snow on the log.  The log and twigs are from a COLD creative scavenger hunt for this project - all from here on the ranch. 





We have deer at the ranch too - every evening they are right outside my window.  I used a little silver metal deer for this snowy scene. He has a little snow bird on his tail... looking for warmth!! Brrrrr... it's cold outside!!!   

The star is a die cut with added glitter.  And the ribbon has a silver edge to compliment the silver deer.  

Thanks for letting me share! Joi@RR

---------------------------------------------
Please check out these challenge entries... 
so many great creations! 
------------------------

Brrrrrr Blues is the theme for: 

http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/


Blog Badge


*************************************
*************************************
*************************************
*************************************
************************************
*************************************
*********************************************










1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous tag, love your embellishments. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafty Creations Challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are dear to me. My reply button still isn't fixed so..... thanks bunches and bunches. XXj.