Monday, August 31, 2015

LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE Mixed Media Canvas

Hello to all my sweet creative friends.  
The end of August has arrived.  Crazy huh?!

I have a 20" x 24" stretched canvas painting for you today. 

I think of all the painting I have done this one is "me".  I love vintage, log structures of any kind, and these colors. 

The color palette was intended to be: sunny yellow, grass green and fuchsia pink but... guess what... yellow and pink make orange!!!  So the more I painted the more orange the painting became.  It was fine with me - I love it but not intentional. Happy mistake!


I began by painting a solid layer of Lemon Zest Dylusions acrylic paint on the top and sides of the canvas. 

Then I added Library Green Ranger Archival Ink with a Rubber Dance Pattern Stamp. 


Next came some more stamping using geometric style Rubber Dance Stamps "For The Birds" Collection to make some unique clouds, branches and flowers. 



Love how the Rubber Dance Stamp swirls look in the sky.  This stamp is so fun - I have used it as clouds and as waves!! 






Then it was off to paint again with Dylusions Acrylics - Grass Green and Bubble Gum Pink.  





Switching to some Stampendous "Filigree" stamps - so fun to make a unique background!




Here is how it looked when I stopped the first day! 




Beginning the next day, I decided it had to have some type of horizon line so - boo hoo - bye bye unique stamped flowers. Then hello new flowers...I just did those free hand with white gesso. 



Trying to stay with the fuchsia coloring - I began painting the new flowers.

AND... I had a Rubber Dance Stamp that was bird feet - hehehehe - so I used that for more flower stem foliage.  Love it!!! 

End of second day... and this is how it looked!!  



Well.... still didn't feel right... I really liked it alot but.... it just wasn't enough somehow.  So I started drawing in some more flowers with my white Stabilo All pencil. 




I began with yellow to give the piece some contrast... really had no idea where I was going! Just painting away.

Here I began using DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics Hansa Yellow Light. Also used in this painting were: Pebeo Green Yellow, Pebeo Precious Gold, Pebeo Yellow and Pebeo Rose.




Somewhere along the line I added the little log home and it's outhouse! 





And the rest of the pictures are just some close-ups showing you how it turned out in the end.  
























All I can say is... it makes me happy!!!  
Hugs. j. 


~ ~ ~
Thanks bunches for the opportunity to be a part of the following wonderful challenges.
  
********


August Challenge
Mood Board Colors: Fuchsia Pink, Grass Green, Sunny Yellow  
Optional Theme: In the Garden

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

August 2015 Creative Challenge: Anything Goes

=========================
================
==========
=====




9 comments:

Bibi Lindahl said...

WOW, Joi - this is so beautiful!!!! I love the happy colours!
Thank you for showing us the process - interesting to see how it evolved and changed from one day to the other when you aded more of this and a little of that, then the big flowers near the end (they're gorgeous!) and the little cabin and outhouse are such cute details!
Thank you for using so many of my stamps - great to see! I love that swirl stamp, too :) And bird feet for flower stems? That's creative! :-D
Thanks for joining our August challenge with your beautiful piece of art! I think you will love the September one.... lots and lots of colour options! ;)

Valerie-Jael said...

I am in LOVE with this painting, and the wonderful colours, pinks and oranges and yellows, for me, the colours of life and sun, just FANTASTIC. BIG wow! Hugs, Valerie

Words and Pictures said...

Glorious vivid fiery colours, Joi - and so wonderful to see the layers building as you added to your flower meadow. Wonderful work.
Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
Alison xx

Susanne Rose said...

This is so beautiful!!! Thank you so much for joining us over the Rubber Dance Challenge! Hugs, Susanne.

Artatag said...

Wonderful project! Thank you for joining our challenge at Rubber Dance Stamps!

Juliz Design Post said...

Little house on the Prairie was a favourite TV programme for me. I love the vibrancy of your canvas and the flowers are so pretty.
Julie x

Suman Pandit said...

Love the beautiful details on the big flowers , adding them gave so much of depth to your painting Joi ...and I adore the log house !!

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely Happy!! Just gorgeous!! Love those pinks & yellows! You have inspired me,Joi!! xo

sarascloset said...

Wow, Joi! What I wouldn't give to spend a few days with you to see you paint! this is just one more lovely painting you have so lovingly prepared! where do you come up with these ideas and find the energy to do such amazing and prolific work? You are such a wonderful artist; this canvas sure does make me happy with the colors and the perspective. I feel as if I am back in Texas in a field of wildflowers--they ARE so pretty down there! Big hugs, my friend!