Saturday, October 31, 2015

There Is Always Something to be THANKFUL for!

======
===========
=================
========================
==============================

As we enter into the month of "thanksgiving" thoughts of thankfulness abound. 

My daughter will tell you that EVERY DAY... 
I am always pointing out...
THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR
(sometimes it drives her nuts!!!).  

I loved doing this project. 

I love, love, love bright jewel tone colors and sparkle. 
My favorite color is orange... thus I love fall and leaves.

And I totally love this photo.  Why?
When I see this photo - my heart sees mankind... look up towards a heavenly Father.  Loving, trusting, and believing that He has a plan for each of us.  He promised peace, strength and hope for each day and I thankfully claim that promise!

I am grateful each day for the small things and when big things happen, I am astounded and amazed!  I walk through life looking through the eyes of a childlike faith because I trust God's plan. 
Here is my "THANKFUL" creation. 



I began with a 12x12 piece of Craft n Craftin' dark royal blue glitter cardstock.  In the end... I used a silver glitter cardstock!! 

I began piling my jewel tone colors on the cardstock using: 
DecoArt Metallic Lustre Radiant Red & Black Shimmer
and 
ColourArte Silks Acrylic Glaze: sapphire on ice, spiced pumpkin, persimmon, mango mamba, sky blue, autumn skies, key lime, rusty mauve, pink anthurium, snap dragon, autumn leaf, golden monarch, azurite, wine and rose. 


After I had layers of paint added I topped it off with DecoArt Media Liquid Glass.  I wanted a stained glass window look!

I then covered all the paint with a grocery sack and let set a while. 




When I removed the paper... there was so much left on the sack that I grabbed a silver glitter paper and repeated the process. 



Afterwards I tried my photo on both backgrounds the silver worked best. The blue in the picture is almost a purple and didn't go as well with the blue glitter. 



It's so much prettier than it looks here! The DecoArt liquid glass made it glisten even more!




I used Galeria Glass Beads Texture Gel for the leaves.
Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop, Ferns by Jaime. 





I painted the leaves with the same paints: Metallic Lustre & Silks. 
They are outlined with: Faber-Castell Big Brush Pen: Cobalt Blue.



The wooden letters were also painted with Silks and Metallic Lustre. Matching the "blue" in the picture took several colors!

DecoArt Metallic Lustre: Black Shimmer
ColourArte Silks: Sapphire on Ice, Periwinkle.



The colorful strips are from my stash left over from Easter eggs!



I added some fabric flower trim and a broken brooch to the photo. 




Around one side of the photo is lace that I gather by hand!




I covered some cardboard in the same lace to use under the colorful Prima flowers. 

















And guess what else... I am thankful for ALL OF YOU. 
Each one of you reading this post - right now - is a blessing to me.
Have a wonderful and thankful November!
Hugs. j. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I am "thankful" to enter this project in these challenges:



----------------------------------



===========================================
=============================
=======================
================
=========