Thursday, May 5, 2016

LOVE TODAY - Guest Designer, ANYTHING BUT CUTE




======


Howdy from Joi at the Ranch in Texas! 

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...



I cannot begin to explain how completely honored
and totally excited I was to be invited to celebrate
with you all as a Guest Designer.  Wow.  

I remember well the announcement of the beginning of
Anything But Cute and how I anticipated the "date"
of that beginning, and the first challenge.  

I could be wrong, but I think I have submitted a project
for each and every challenge this past year.  And it has been 
such a blessing to me to get to know the spectacular
artists on the Anything But Cute Design Team. 

Just to say thank you... here is a little ditty for you! 
CONGRATULATIONS and Big HUGS. Joi@RR. 





===================================================

Anniversary Month.... 
Challenge Theme: Celebrate Your Style

Challenge Description: As we celebrate our First Anniversary, we want you to celebrate what you do best... mixed media! This is your chance to do it your way, in your favorite style... so pull out those inks and paints and show us what you're made of! You can make anything you want, just as long as it has some mixed media products on it and no cute images. HAVE FUN!

Here's my Guest Design - 1st Anniversary - Post!

It's spring in Texas and this little gal is in love with spring!
She's enjoys the warmth, the colors and the smells...
and she LOVES TODAY - lying in a field of wild flowers!! 

And yes... I WAS a flower child in the 60's/70's....
so humor me here!!!! OK!!!!!????
By the way... I used to cake on mascara in royal blue!!! 



Products Used:




After sketching in my gal I began working and honestly had no idea how she would turn out (as usual)!  For me, that's the fun of being an artist though... every day is different and every creation is a mystery until it is finished!!! 

This is a 16x20 wrapped canvas. 




I combined Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos...
Cotton Candy and Bubble Gum -
to make a pastel purple! So easy and fun!!


 

Next came the addition of some "texture" with:
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Art Grip Aquarelle Pencils.



Using DecoArt Media Matte Medium and a brush,
the texture and colors melted together superbly. 



After I finished the background texture - I begin drawing free hand flowers... fun creating - with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos. 



I also continued to use the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Art Grip Aquarelles!   



Just couldn't resist using the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Whipped Spackle to continue to add flowers - it's so fluffy and lightly unique!

The stencils:
ARTplorations Bloom Factory
and
Prima Wild Flowers. 



Strategically placing the flowers here and there, the hope was that it would look like a field of wild flowers!  Have you ever totally stretched out in the middle of a bunch of flowers???  You should - it's very freeing, smells fabulous and the colors are stunning!! 



And then I pulled out one of my favorite products...
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Big Brush and Pitt Pens.
I don't think I have painted a single canvas without them...
(Pictured are the Pitt Pens but I also used the Big Brush!)



This is how she looked at one point in the process.... when I looked at this picture... I decided she looked like she had a beard. 
Heheheheheheheheh - oops!!!
So I added some more flowers at the bottom and other places as well as worked on the eyes. 




Using Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Whipped Spackle - added more flowers - see the "white" ones below??!!!



And here is another stencil used from the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft 101 Stencil Collection. 



Sure hope you can see the wonderful DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze that I used on all the circles. It made them soooo yummy topped off with some DecoArt Media Silver Metallic Lustre.  
Lots of Mixed Media goin' on here!!!! 

The "love today" words came from my stash. 
I am 99% sure they are by Heidi Swapp.



Here are some close up pictures of our gal "loving today" lazily relaxing in her field of wild flowers!









Again CONGRATULATIONS to
You should all be soooooooo proud. 
I'm proud of YOU too!!
"LOVE TODAY"
HUGS... and BEST Wishes for another FAB year!! j. 

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I am excited to share my 'Love Today Gal' with the:



=====