Friday, September 16, 2016

A Walk In The Park, Crafty Individuals & DecoArt


HOWDY from Joi at RR!

A few months ago I was so excited to be asked to do a sponsor spotlight for Crafty Individuals.  Some of you may have seen it but many of you didn't so: here is my recap!!! 

Hubby made a nice cedar stand for this creation.  We sent it to our sweet friends in Florida. They have a tiny little white Javanese puppy and live in a resort community. Seems perfect!!!


Below are the three wonderful Crafty Individuals products used.

Flower Heads - Rubber Stamp, Code CI-206
A Walk In The Park - Rubber Stamp, Code CI-439
Leafy Branches Mask, Code CI MASK23-LB
Picture taken after I cut the Leafy Branches Mask to use!! 



And here is my creation! 





I began with a napkin!!



Using DecoArt Decou-Page, the napkin was added to an 8x10 canvas board. Matching tissue paper from my stash seemed to be super colors for the bottom half and it had some shimmer too! 




Finished gluing - and here is the result!




Mixing DecoArt Media Yellow-Green Light Fluid Acrylics with DecoArt Media Crackle Paint, created the color for the path.   




Using a palette knife to spread the pathway and a credit card to make the grass tufts....

 Vio-la...... the crackled pathway emerged. 




Gently wiping on DecoArt Majestic Purple Metallic Lustre with my finger... the cracks were accented. 


Using some more of the Yellow-Green Light paint and my long haired brush - some more grass tufts appeared. 


Using Staz-On inks... I began using the stamp sets from Crafty Individuals.


Actually, I'm not sure why I stamped the Crafty Individuals "Walk In The Park" couple in red... just picked it up first and thought - why not.  Imagine my surprise when it was the red that made it onto the canvas.  So wild but it just seemed to be "right"!   

The stamped Crafty Individuals "Flowers Heads" were decorated with my ever faithful Faber-Castell Pitt Pens.





There were a few pieces of the napkin left, so here you see the cut-out pieces that were decopaged onto the board here and there. 
Hehehehhe - almost used every inch of that napkin! 


Using DecoArt Media Modeling Paste and the Crafty Individuals "Leafy Branches" Mask.... the archway began. In the picture below - one side is already done - and the other side is in process with the mask still attached.



Then, began the painting!! 

You can also see in this picture that the Hero Arts stamp - "appreciate WHAT IS" - was used . . . . 



The archway needed to look "special," so out came some Ranger Stickles and Liquid Pearls, to add that beautiful shimmer!



In the end...  I just couldn't stop my paint brush from hopping into my hand.  Before I knew it... the long the bunches of flowers became flowering trees!!!! 




I added a few jewels from my stash near the horizon line! 




These pictures were taken in hopes that perhaps you can see some of the glitter and shimmer of the piece. 






And here are some pictures of the finished piece. 









So happy to see the crackle thru the lovely flowers!!! 





Products Used:





Thanks bunches to Crafty Individuals for giving me this opportunity to play with such nice quality stamps and masks. It was an adventure in creativity for me!

Remember....
"APPRECIATE WHAT IS"
Even on the most challenging days . . . we can all find something to appreciate each day and be thankful :)
Big Hugs. j

=======================

6 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Oh wow Joi, how cleverly you combine elements into your art work to create brilliant master pieces. I love this gorgeous scene full of vibrant colours and beautiful imagery. Xxx

Redanne said...

I really love that you did the couple and the dog in red, they look amazing and I just love the leaf archway you created for them, it is beautiful. Your friends are going to be thrilled with this wonderful piece of art! Hugs, Anne xx

sarascloset said...

This seems to me to be one of the most fun projects you've gotten to do...so many different products used to create this beautiful scene. My favorite part about this is the **sparkle**! It's really something how you can take something as simple as a napkin and turn it into a masterpiece! Hugs!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Wonderful execution on a project for your friends, Joi! They're going to be so excited to receive it. xo

Tracy Welham said...

Oh my goodness, this is just fantastic, so much detail, texture and colour, I love it. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

SewPaperPaint said...

Joi, you continue to amaze me with your creative mind. This paper napkin as the jumping off point for your brilliant canvas is so perfect! I love the way you do mixed media, totally out of the box yet always yielding amazing results! So so beautiful and the couple is just the perfect focal point. Biggest hugs, Autumn