Friday, November 13, 2015

Windy Autumn Leaves Mixed Media Canvas

=====
=========
============
====================
==========================
Hello from Joi at the RR!!

The leaves are just beginning to turn in Texas. 
Evenings are cooler so that means....
The hay is piled high in the hay wagon here at the ranch... 
Anyone for a cozy ride - just to "enjoy the simple things"?????  


Fall scene in our vintage hay wagon! 



The Autumn Winds inspired this 20x24 canvas. 


This canvas can go "Topsy Turvy".....
which way do you think it looks best???!!!!


Here is how it all came to be!

The beginning - acrylic paints. 
The first layer and then many, many more!



Next came a layer of gesso through a stencil:
The Crafters Workshop, 12x12 Ferns.




After all the leaves were in place - they were painted with various colors using Ranger Dylusions Paints and DecoArt Americana.







I loved the bright colors (of course) but I wanted it to be more "fallish" so the next picture is after a wash was completed. 




Next came a layer of gesso with my credit card and a wet wipe!




I drew in some branches and then began painting in leaves.



Just kept adding layers of colors to the leaves with the paints and also using Faber-Castell Big Brush and Pitt Pens. 




It always amazes me how I get from start to finish!  In this case... I just kept layering and mixing and layering.  And it was the adding of the ColourArte Silks Acrylic Glaze that added the texture and depth of color to the leaves. 











As always, thanks bunches and bunches for stopping by.
Hope you get a chance to "Enjoy the Simple Things" this week! 
I would LOVE a HELLO from YOU in my comments! 
Hugs, j


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thankful to add 'Windy Autumn Leaves' to these challenges:

ColourArte Monthly Challenge
#5 Fall Colors


--------------------------------------------------------------


My leaves are going Topsy Turvy AND...
the canvas turns Topsy Turvy - whichever way you like it best!!! 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


My Sweet Earth
Autumn 2015
"Enjoy the Simple Things"


Like my granddaughter tossing leaves and watching them fall!!



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ART JOURNAL JOURNEY
Autumn Colors



======================================
============================
====================
==============
=======