Thursday, December 17, 2015

BRIGHT Life, BRIGHT Future SCRAP AROUND THE WORLD

=======
============
================
=====================
========================

Hello to all of you creative friends out there!!! 

Here is my "real" layout for the Scrap Around the World final challenge.  If you saw my last post - you know I had it on my heart to do a little tribute layout for SATW so I did!!!  However, I also wanted to do just a normal project for the final challenge too.  

When I saw the theme on the mood board "the future is bright" it sent my thoughts to my grandchildren.  I remembered this picture of the two youngest at the ranch sitting high up on the flagstone in what we call the pavilion with the flags flying between them. That's our bright future... our children and our freedom - a safe and secure nation... united together in trust and love.


 


I began with Fancy That Pearl Bouquet Gold Foil Paper.


 I wanted the gold foil to look more like the gold "salt" at the top of the champagne glasses in the SATW mood board!  I added Galeria Glass Bead Gel over the top of the gold foil.   



I also added DecoArt Champagne Glamour Dust on each side of the gold foil for sparkle and texture. Love the Glamour Dust too!!




Then Ranger Vermillion Archival Ink & Gold Stickles for the edge.




The finished sheet was lovely and more like the mood board!!! 


Out came the Caran de Ache Neocolor II water colors for making a sunset to match the sunset in the picture... hopefully! 




The little picture was ready but I printed two of them so that I could give a tiny bit of dimension to the little bodies of my "stars"!!


I used Ranger Alcohol Ink to make a frame for the picture. It was fun - just running it on it stripes and then running my old credit card through it to make the checks!!  I also added a piece of gold glitter card stock for another layer behind the kids picture. 




Yes - that is the same piece below but for some reason in the picture it doesn't look as bright!! 




Hubby brought me a "real" horseshoe from the barn.  He was so sweet about polishing it up for me. The blobs of metal at three places are the nails that didn't come out - just melted down! I thought they added such a neat texture to the horseshoe. 

Again, Ranger Alcohol Ink - gold and watermelon. 


Here are more pics of the finished project. 

By the way... the beautiful butterflies came yesterday from Scraps of Darkness... and they were the perfect match... YEAH!!
They are from Renea Bouquets

The flowers are from Prima. 

The birds/flowers are Idea-ology Botanical Remnant Rubs.

The horses are a die cut piece that I bought from ebay before I had my Vagabond and I don't have a name for it. 

I made the bow with organza ribbon from my stash.

The letters were just fussy cut from card stock. I enjoy doing that!

I hand painted the smaller barb wire fence on the right using card stock with Ranger Distress Ink to make the smaller posts. 








This is a blurry picture! But it shows added texture - meant to look like dirt and grass!  It is Stampendous Shaved Ice and Art Ingredients Licorice Glass Beads. 






This was great fun for me because it was all about the "RR" which is the ranch and our youngest grandkids!!  

Thanks bunches for taking time to visit!  And most especially - for your very special to me comments!!  One of these days I hope they will fix my reply button so I can thank you personally.  

Hugs. j. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Happy to participate in the following challenges: 

December 2015 Challenge 32 by Valia Katzaki
A Fabulous Finale Mood Board for our Final Challenge

I was inspired by the sentiment as follows: 
When I saw the theme on the mood board "the future is bright" it sent my thoughts to my grandchildren.  I remembered this picture of the two youngest at the ranch sitting high up on the flagstone in what we call the pavilion with the flags flying between them. That's our bright future... our children and our freedom - a safe and secure nation... united together in trust and love.

I also enjoyed creating a background texture to match the "salt" around the edges of the champagne glasses as well as the gold in the jars in the mood board!  I used licorice glass beads to represent the seeds in the fruit. The flowers to represent the flowers in the jars.  And lastly - I used the colors around the sentiment of the mood board for the overall color scheme!

Again, I want to thank everyone at Scrap Around the World for giving me a vast amount of teachings and inspirations. I learned so much from all of you and loved seeing all the lovely creations made for the challenges too. I admire the way the SATW site was run and enjoyed the face book page posting the lovely winners so we could see them each one again.  It was all just done to perfection. Best wishes to you all. XO j. 

========================================
=================================
=======================
=================
===========

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful scrap page, and you are right, the coming generations are our future. Beautiful colours and style, as always, and I love the idea of going to the bard and getting a horseshoe! Hugs, Valerie

Fliss said...

A truly gorgeous page Joi and such beautiful colour and detail. Loved seeing how it came about too.
Fliss xx

experiments in paper said...

Joi - what a fabulous page this is!! That horseshoe is so perfect, and I LOVE your colors, with your sweet grandkids.....brilliant!! xxx Lynn

Jackie PN said...

Just beautiful Joi! And I love your little "stars" So sweet!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!! xo

Lynne Moncrieff said...

oooooh this is just exquisitely beautiful with the colours and your use of the Bead Gel on top of that lovely foiling and the addition of the horseshoe could not be any more perfect!
Wishes
Lynne

Unknown said...

Awesome job on this layout!
Thank you for playing along with Scrap Around The World

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous piece Joi!! You never fail to impress me with that creative mind of yours!! Just popped in to say thanks for all your support and encouragement this year and to send you big hugs and wishes for a very Merry Christmas my friend!! :)

Pawsitively Creative said...

This is an eye catching design and that real horseshoe is the icing on the cake! I love horses (well, all animals) and your use of down home items along with the pics of your grand babies is priceless. Gorgeous textures and the gold foil is amazing. Looks like a dreamy Ranch I would love to visit. Awesome sauce Joi! Hugz and Merry Christmas to you and yours!~Niki

yyam said...

It is vibrant and just beautiful! LOVE!

Elena Arts said...

What a beautiful layout! Just love everything about it, the soft colors, the flowers...Thank you for joining the SATW challenge!

Nupur said...

wow…amazing layout..so vibrant...Thank you for playing along at SATW this month….xx

Words and Pictures said...

What a wonderful thought about your grandchildren heading in to their bright future - and the colours are so uplifting too. Amazing!

Wishing you and yours a peaceful and joyous festive season!
Alison xx

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Your page is so gorgeous! Love it.Thank you for joining us at SATW this month!

langeatheart said...

What a fantastic page! So original love the horse shoe on it! Your background is outstanding! All the best from SATW! :)