Sunday, December 13, 2015

Thank You Helen: Scrap Around the World

=======
==========
=============
================
=====================
Hello to all my sweet artsy blogging friends!! 
Hope your holidays are off to a great start. 

Just about a year ago, I made my first ever scrapbook page for Scrap Around the World. I was so intrigued by all the wondrous visions of loveliness coming from their design team that I would spend hours looking at them all and watching videos.  

I was so shy and unsure of how to do anything at first... but I was determined.  And honestly, I had this tiny tiny spark of a dream that I would one day see my creation on the wall of fame at Scrap Around the World.  It just seems almost as good as getting a star on Hollywood Boulevard - doesn't it???? At least to me.  

So when I read that this was the last SATW challenge... truly - I was a sad gal.  I know it's the right thing and understand totally why it has to be but... there are so many super fine things about SATW.  For one thing... it was one of the best organized and well done challenges I have met up with yet.  Inspiring, motivating, impeccable scheduling, timing and follow-thru.  Professional. And for another... it offered such fine inspiration and teachings. 

So for me... this last Scrap Around the World page just HAD to be about SATW. It's a thank you... to you all with love! 





I began with 12x12" Craft n Craftin  'Rose' glitter cardstock and accented this with the same cardstock in 'Champagne Gold'. 

I modified the SATW banner a bit by adding Helen's picture etc and used Lindy's Stamp Gang Brushed Nickel Glitz Spritz on it and another piece of cardstock in a matching size. 



Although it's not nearly as wonderful as the mood board... I tried to copy "The Future is Bright" part of it just by hand drawing. Then drew in the colors with Faber-Castell Pitt Pens. 



The chipboard was embossed with Ranger Emboss It Dabber and Lindy's Stamp Gang Midnight Pewter. 




Again, Lindy's Stamp Gang was used in Flat Fabio Rizzo's Rowdy Red to spray the Prima flowers to match.  I tried a more pinkish color but it wasn't dark enough to match the rose colored cardstock!


The flowers were made into a nosegay type embellishment with some vintage lace I cut off of an old wedding dress. 



I tried many things to accent the edges of the cardstock but nothing seemed just right so... I got out my gelli plate and made some pretty paper - tore it and attached it randomly to the edges.  I already started tearing it when I realized I had forgotten a picture!

To make the paper I used:
Gelli Plate
Pebeo Iridescent Violet Blue & Fluorscent Pink
A Noodle Brush!!
Prima Finnabair Stamp 960889
The Crafters Workshop 'Art Is' by Jaime


I added the paper to the edges with DecoArt Decou-page.  I had already done the edges of the other pieces and put the layout all together when I decided to add the matching paper to the outside edges as well as some lace I had in my stash.  I realize the paper torn paper edges are a little different but I enjoyed them!


Here are a few extra pictures of the finished project. For me, this one wasn't as much about perfection (which is my ususal issue!!) as it was about saying thanks bunches to SATW!  When I think of Helen, for some reason I think of lace, glitz, sparkle and always flowers so I wanted to make my project with all those things!  

The picture of the girl with her hand on the glass seemed so perfect - saying goodbye but with the knowledge that we are all still here and will always be blogging friends and artists :)












Thanks bunches to for stopping by again to spend time with me especially during this busy holiday season.  I soo sooo sooo appreciate your comments.  My reply button is still not working but truly know I am thrilled hearing from you.  
Hugs, j. 




~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Happily entering in the following challenges:

Final Challenge
Fabulous Finale - Mood Board

Thank you Helen Tilbury and all of those who helped you to make Scrap Around the World a life changing opportunity for us all. 
Best wishes to all of you and the new More Than Words Team too!  Hugs...j.

=====================
==================
===============
============
========

12 comments:

experiments in paper said...

Stunning tribute to a favorite inspirational site, Joi! Love all of your images in themselves, and how they symbolize the relationship, both past and future..... wonderful!! xxx Lynn

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely scrap page, great sparkle and shine, and a wonderful tribute to SATW. Great make. Keep sparkling! Hugs, Valerie

Lizzy Hill said...

PErfect page for Helen & all those 'things' certainly are her! Love the bright popping pink and the glitz & glamour of your page, too. And like you, it's sad that now both 'biggies' - SATW and Once upon a sketch are gone....never mind, hopefully the More than Words challenge will fill the hole:))

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That is one WOW scrapbook page! Fabulous!

Pamellia said...

Wow, this is just amazing Joi!! I don't usually like the brights, but this one just screams girlie and fun, takes me right back to my teen years! You have really nailed that finale mood board with all your wonderful glittery accents and coordinating colour palette! So much fun, a winner for sure!! big hugs :)

langeatheart said...

This is such a beautiful tribute to our blog!!! You did an amazing job with the Mood Board and it's wonderful how you honored Helen by including her in your layout! Thank-you for your kind words we really did work very hard to keep this blog at the top! I will miss it as well! Hope to see you over at More than Words the new challenge blog! All the best from SATW! :)

Arantzazu said...

Fabulous tribute!!
So Beautiful!!!
Thanks for playing with us at SATW!!!
Xoxo

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a wonderful tribute this is Joi - a swan song for what was a catalyst for your creativity. It's beautifully done, and I LOVE the texture and colour. Many thanks for posting. I'm wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas! xo

Tatiana Yemelyanenko said...

Lovely LO! Thank you for playing with us at SATW!

Words and Pictures said...

A lovely farewell tribute to the SATW challenge!
Alison xx

Galachko said...

Amazing layout!Thank you for playing at SATW

Ella Swan said...

What a stunning page Joi & a picture of ME?!?! WOW!!! Thank you for playing at SATW!!!!