Tuesday, December 1, 2015

I DID IT!!! LAST ONE! Tim Holtz 12 Tags 2015 December

=========
============
================
=====================
=========================

I did it!! I did it!!! I did it!!!!!!!!!  

#12 of Tim's 12 Tags of 2015!!!!!!!!  

When I began in January... I had sincere doubts I would get to do all twelve due to health challenges.  I am so grateful to be typing this to you now.... saying that I MADE IT!! I did it!!!! 
I'm grateful and blessed!  

I guess I should put them all out in a row and get a picture.
Didn't even think of that... hmmm - ok... hold on.... ok.. done!

Here they are... yeah!!! Wow. Can't believe it!!!
And all before the deadline... but I will admit...
a couple were like one minute before the linky closed!! 


And here is the December Tag!!


I totally loved doing this one. Painting on the burlap was just tooo fun and looks so neat too!  First I cut the burlap to match my tag!


I used a stencil that came in a lot of old stencils so it has no name.
I followed Tim's instructions - put the burlap on a paper towel and sprayed with Ranger Distress Spray Stain Fired Brick. 


While that was drying I began cutting out the leaves with my Vagabond. I didn't have the set Tim used in his tutorial so I improvised with a leaf die I already had on hand! 
Quickutz Leafy Vine with Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Cardstock.


Before I cut - I sanded each piece!


And here are my leaves... then I began putting together my wreath!


The wreath has Ranger Stickles in copper and crystal ice. I used some an old necklace from my stash that had some jewels attached to the chain for decor of the wreath. I also had some star charms and some rhinestone bling!  

Oh and the bow.... didn't have the die so just followed Tim's pattern from his tutorial and cut it out as best I could. I have never made a paper bow before like this - challenging!


The red balls are silver filigree balls I painted with Ranger Watermelon Alcohol Ink!


Hubby sliced me a piece of cedar wood from the ranch and I added a small picture/sentiment from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Christmas Paper Stash.  It's the red square at the bottom left in the picture below.  I fussy cut out the ivy and added it to each side of the Christmas Greeting sentiment!  I added Stickles to it also!

And of course the edges of the wood as well as all the paper/burlap etc are all done with Ranger Distress Inks. 




And that about sums it up.  



This is the back with another piece of Tim's Christmas paper on it!!  


Thanks bunches for sharing my excitement.  And yes... I did it fast - early - just so I could be sure and complete my set of 12!!!
Still smiling big.... Wow.  I did it. I made it. Heheheheh!!! 
Hugs to you all! j. 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I would like to share this project with: 
----------------
December

Thank you so much Tim and Mario for this monthly challenge. For me (just doing this type of art work for a little over a year) it was exactly that - challenging.  I was so humbled and thrilled to be one of your winners early in the year.  Sorta too the pressure of perfection down a notch or two for me!!!  It's been WONDERFUL being with you.  Merry Christmas to you both. XO j. 



________________________

MIXED MEDIA PLACE
Creative Gym - Exercise 14

Create A Christmas Card, Tag or ATC

I'm not the best at cards so sharing a tag instead!! 

__________________________
Stamplorations
Artplorations Stencil Blog Hop


December Flash Stencil Linky Party

________________________________________




We don't have a tree but I have all my little Christmas projects ornamentally displayed here in my studio including this tag. 
It's about as ornamental as I get!!  But I am proud of it! j. 

=========================
======================
===================
==============
======

34 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Well done to you, great tag, and wonderful that you did them all. Hugs, Valerie

Pamellia said...

Wow, it's pretty amazing to see them all lined up like that Joi! You put so much time and effort into every single one of them! I love your Christmas tag, a fantastic take on Tim's original!! Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'It's Ornamental' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Jody said...

Great tag, I love your embellishments on your wreath.

Pawsitively Creative said...

Yippee for you and your 12 completed tags! These are all little amazing works of art and so wonderful to see all together. Your Dec tag is fantabulous! That wreath and the embellies are stunning. Huge congrats on your journey! Hugz.

sarascloset said...

Joi, I am so thrilled for you to get each one of Tim's tags done this year...what a Blessing your health held out for you to do this. I pray for your health issues. About your tag...truly a wonderful take on Tim's December tag, and extra points for getting it donE so early! I love that you made the bow by hand...(looks like that may be my route as well. Oh and Fired Brick spray? NOT! Punch? NOT! Jingle Bell brads? Ha! Of COURSE not!) Your wreath turned out fantabulous, and I love you used the chains on this!

Thank you for joining our It's Ornamental challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Cec said...

Congratulations on completing all those tags. Love your December tag with that wonderful wreath. I know this may be taken as heresy but I am not a fan of Tim so when I see someone make their representation of his work and it is even better I want to cheer - hear me cheering. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
Hugs!
Cec

Sandy said...

Congratulations! You did it!! Your Christmas tag is really outstanding! I am certainly in awe of your makes and all of your hard work!
sandy xx

Lizzy Hill said...

Just FAB! I'm away ATM - but want to finish it up for the year too - your bow turned out awesome as does the wreath ...YAAAY to you:)!!!

experiments in paper said...

Good on you, girl!! Love your composite photo with them all - such great inspiration! And love this tag - I am so fond of wreaths, and you've made a beauty here. Your bow is perfect, as is the little embellishment! Smile away, dearie - you deserve it!! xxx Lynn

Jackie PN said...

Woo Hoo!! Look at you! Yes you did- I am inspired to try next year!! Beautiful tags Joi!! xo

SewPaperPaint said...

OMG! How fabulous they all look lined up! I really love your April tag, so cool! I have given most of mine away already, and was just thinking of lining them up this way! Will have to start over! ;0 Ha!

Kim Collister Studio said...

Gorgeous tags and what a fabulous idea!! Each one is just spectacular!! You have inspired me to the Moon!!

Brenda Brown said...

Oh the excitement that has come through this post and it's very catching, firstly congratulations on making it to no: 12, that is brilliant news. Secondly what a wonderful array of art your tags make when they are all together - you did such a great job with them they must look wonderful on your wall.
Lastly thanks for telling me about your deer and the lovely comment you left on my blog, you are a star.
huge hugs xxx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a fabulous tag, Joi, and congratulations on finishing all twelve of them. Well done! I LOVE the photo of them all together.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

WOW, this is the most amazing display of tag art, each one a stand-out piece of art. How exciting for you that you completed all 12 and love that you marked the occasion by noting it on the back of the final tag. An amazing artful accomplishment!
Wishes
Lynne
Thank you so much for your lovely words at That's Crafty blog.

Samra said...

Thank you for joining our It's Ornamental challenge at Anything But Cute!
Samra DT

Paper Talk with Samra

Redanne said...

Wow, what a wonderful display Joi, well done for completing them all too, no wonder you are so happy! I love your December tag, the red is so striking in the background and I love your improvisations too, very clever and very beautiful, especially the little berries. It has been a pleasure to visit and share in your delight! Thanks so much too, for sharing this in our 'It's Ornamental' challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs, Anne xx

Redanne said...

Hi Joi, I just came back to say thank you for your lovely comments, I have promised the ATCs to someone but I would be happy to make a set for you, to keep alive that very special memory. My email addy is on my sidebar, if you decide yes. Hugs, Anne xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

YAY YOU!!! These are all wonderful and love your Dec. make! LOVE the lights!

Words and Pictures said...

Bravo, Joi! Love your December tag - the decorated wreath is just fabulous. Haven't even thought about mine yet, but seeing your wonderful array all lined up has made me think I'd better get on with it soon!
Alison x

Pascale B. Scrap said...

Beautiful tag! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

Margik said...

Hi Joi! Love your fabulous December tag, specially the amazing Christmas wreath. Congratulations you did twelve fantastic and creative tags! Great job!
Mar :)

Riikka Kovasin said...

What a wonderful tag! And congratulations on completing all the 12 tags! Thank you for playing with the Creative Gym #14 over at Mixed Media Place!

Athanasia said...

Amazing work! Thank you for joining our challenge at Mixed Media Place!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Tag!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Unknown said...

Lovely Tag!! Contratulations!!

Crooked Stamper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crooked Stamper said...

Beautiful tag...congrats on your win!

Nox said...

Congratulations on your win and love your wreath - it has a vintage modern look to it and love your sentiment tag!

sarascloset said...

Yippppeeeee, Joi! I'm so excited for you to win Tim's 12 Tags, AGAIN! Well done! As you know I really LOVED this tag, and I think Tim knows a good thing when he sees it! I'm doing a happy dance for you, as soon as I can get my bottom out of this chair! What a great start to 2016, girl! LOVE, your cheerleader!

Redanne said...

Well Joi, here I am back for my third visit to say Huge Congatulations on your win!!! Well done you! Happy New Year too... Anne xx

Mylissa Stout said...

Congratulations on your win too! You deserve it .....Lots of creativity and energy went into your take on TIm's Tag! I LOVE it! How exciting! Congrats on completing all 12 Tags too,,, how fun seeing them all together!

Yvonne said...

COngratulations sweets!!! SO happy for you! Keep shining your creative light! Hugs!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your Tim tag win! Your tag is gorgeous!
{julia}