Monday, January 30, 2017

CAUTION Toxic Heart: Andy Skinner PROJECT, Creative Jump Start

HOWDY All!

Andy Skinner from DecoArt was recently a presenter for Nathalie Kalbach's Creative Jump Start Workshop. It began the first of January and is now coming to an end.  What a GREAT jump start to creativity with so many incredible teachers and projects. 

As a die-hard DecoArt fan ...  I was inspired to create my version of Andy's tag, but, trust me, his was LOTS better! Of course.

Andy used a tag, stamps, a heart, chipboard gears & nuts, and texture products. It was done in earth tone type colors using fabulous techniques.  
I just used what I had in my stash, and since it's close to Valentine's Day... I made it pinkish.  Yes - pink. Very uncharacteristic for me, except this time of year.  Gears and chains, too. Imagine that... I have gone girly industrial steampunkish grunge!!!!!!!!!



Andy began by using DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Metallic Silver on his tag.  So did I, but I added some pink, and mounted that tag on a second pink tag. And, I promise you, Andy's tag had no flowers on it either - hehehhehe!!! Of course, since this was a paid workshop, I can't tell you how it was done, but I will show you some pictures. 
Most of you can guess the steps!







Products Used.
Andy Skinner's Toxic Stamp Set by Stampendous
Dear Lizzy American Craft - Elements - Metal Rose Brad
Dynasty Brushes
StazOn Jet Black
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic: 
~Paynes Grey
~Prussian Blue Hue
~Quinacridone Gold
~Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide
DecoArt Media Mister - Primary Magenta
DecoArt Media Crackle Paste
DecoArt Media Modeling Paste
DecoArt Media Gesso

From stash: chipboard heart, gear, 3 metal studs, metal arrow, chain, flower ribbon. 




And some close-ups of the finished creation. 




Thanks, bunches, for sharing my creativity from Andy's tutorial.

Hugs. j. 


----------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
-----------------------------
-------------------------
---------

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow Joi, this is fabulously grungy but the touches of pink, the pink backing tag and heart and the flowery ribbon give it a feminine feel. I don't know what Andy's looked like but I LOVE your version!! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you made Andy's project girly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous....love your girly steamppunk.....& whatever the other one was!! Looks totally adorable in a grunge [that's what the word was!!] way. I would be waaaay pleased if I'd created this. AND you used your stash. Win win... & totally different for you, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, Joi, totally different from what I'm use dto seeing from you, but I have to say I do love this grungey-girl side of your artwork! It must have been an incredibly inspiring workshop, because have done incredibly inspiring work here! Squealing at the chain, Joi! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are dear to me. My reply button still isn't fixed so..... thanks bunches and bunches. XXj.