Friday, January 29, 2016

TIGER LILY on Canvas, Catherine Scanlon – Creative Jump Start

========
============
==============
=================
=====================
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaack once again today!!!!!!!!!!!  


Hope you aren't tired of looking at my creations - the rest are not quite so crazy as the first two I posted.  

I so so so so soooooooooo appreciate your stopping by and your comments. I eagerly read each comment you leave - they inspire me so much in different ways. My reply button still does not work though - boo hoo.  

But ... I see your comments and ❤❤ you for writing them.  

While I watched Catherine Scanlon's tutorial for Creative Jump Start at N*Studio with Nathalie Kalbach.... 
I was so inspired and impressed with such talent. 

I watched it three times... really!!! And then I tried it.  
I was happy with the results. 

And two days later... I received a commission to paint three different Easter Lily paintings... so how incredible was that?
Catherine Scanlon and Creative Jump Start taught me what I didn't even know I needed to learn.  What a blessing! 



Catherine did her painting with Gouache Paints. 

I have never used them and did not have them. 
However, I was sitting in my chair on evening and there... on my cedar turntable... a bottle of DecoArt Glazing Medium seemed to all of the sudden be the only bottle in the room.  It was calling me... and the word it was calling was GOUACHE!!!   Would it work? Could I make my own take on gouache so I could do the project? 



I had never used the Glazing Medium before either so it seemed like the perfect time to open my new bottle and try it out! 

In the photo below... I thought you might like to see how the "skin" dried on my craft mat after the project.  The green and orange are from the Tiger Lily painting and are my version of gouache. I put the brush underneath so you could see the consistency.  
The bottom blue skin is regular paint. 

I believe the paint had the look and feel of gouache to some extent and I really enjoyed painting with it following Catherine's tutorial.


Here are some pictures of the process. 










When I started, I had no idea which way the canvas would end up... I just kept turning it and then I added the stems towards the end.  Once I figured out where I wanted the stems... there was one petal that was sticking out way to far.  This is a picture of the correction!!!


And some more pics of the finished piece.
It is a 12 x 12 canvas.






 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks bunches for the opportunity to play in these challenges: 

Challenge 9 - Ring Out the Old, Bring In the New

I had never used my DecoArt Traditions Glazing Medium.

========================
======================
===============
===========
=========