Saturday, July 18, 2015

Bloomin' Hot Rain Acrylic on Canvas

=============
=================
======================
===========================

Hello All - so glad you stopped in to see my last take on the Summer of Color Challenge... 
orange, orange and blue. 



I used three colors: 
Dylusions Squeezed Orange
Pebeo Orange Jaune Iridescent 
Pebeo Iridescent Blue Black

The pictures did not turn out well and I will try to take some better ones tomorrow (too tired tonight!) BUT... I truly only used these three colors.  These pics appear to have green - not there.

It's hot in Texas - and most every where in July! Time of year to stand in the rain and get cool - thus the name - Bloomin' Hot Rain!


I began by painting the entire 16x20 canvas with the Pebeo orange.


Then added the dark blue black. 


I had no idea what I was doing from the beginning - just painted.
Some accidental drips formed the rain so it remained. Fun!! 


At first I tried to cover the bottom of the drips the hills formed.  And so it went... until it looked like a keeper... for now!  





I have been so inspired by Summer of Color.  Thanks bunches and bunches Kristin for hosting this fun.  And your tutorial videos are totally FABULOUS.  Even with hundreds of submissions - you leave us all a comment. How incredible is that?!  There was no pressure - no rules - no theme - just permission given to create.  Of course, we all hope to win the incredibly nice prize each week too!!   It's just been a SUPER FINE experience in every way. 
Hugs to all. j. 
=======
=================
=======================
===============================